Saturday 17 November 2012

My very own garden!

One of the perks of moving to this house is that I now have my very own garden! I was pretty excited at the prospect of having my own outdoor green space, but so far I have not been able to do much to it. The priority has, of course, been the inside of the house - I need to be able to live inside before I can focus my time and energy outside! This means that other than the basic upkeep of mowing the lawn and raking the leaves, nothing has been done to the garden, both front and back.

Who plants a tree that close to a fence?

That thing covered in lattice is the neighbors shed - it is an eyesore and right now it is being oh so cleverly camouflaged with weeds and a few flowers. My goal is to salvage the flowers and do something to hide the hideousness!

Being an old neighborhood, property divisions are a bit wonky and there are portions of the yard that are fenced, and other portions where neighboring sheds/garages act as a fence. In fact our garage is what separates us from one neighbor and if you peek through one of the garage windows you are practically staring into their back door!

Behind our little shed is a mess of crap knows what that haunts me in my sleep, but there is a fence separating us from the neighbors (more like protecting the neighbors from whatever is living back there!)
Window at the back of the garage. The garage was covered in beautiful ivy, and I believe that ivy was actually helping to keep the garage together - it was certainly sheltering the busted window. Then one day some crazy person (not me, the other one) decided to rip it down...that was not a good day! Fingers crossed it will grow back - and that nothing has decided to take up residence in the garage (hey, the broken window is like an open invitation!)



As you can see from these photos, there is work that needs to be done, but the cold and frost is sucking the life out of the garden. I will have all winter to make up my game plan for the spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment