Friday 16 November 2012

A beautiful fall afternoon...for baking cookies!

It's Friday afternoon, a beautiful fall day - the sun is shining...and I have decided to stay in a bake some cookies!

These aren't just any old cookies, no, they are garam masala spice cookies, prefect for a chilly autumn day. I have made these cookies many times in the past, because they are super quick and easy and I always have the ingredients on hand...well ALMOST always! I was aiming to bake the cookies in time for a visit from my mum this afternoon, but discovered I had no baking soda...mum to the rescue! I got everything together to bake and she brought over the baking soda so I could finish the job. The result:


Yummy chewy-crunchy cookies!

I do like chewy cookies the best, and these cookies can have a slight chew if you don't leave them in the oven for too long, and eat them while they are still warm. I find once they cool the crunch takes over, but are perfect with a cup of coffee (tea would probably work too...but I am not a drinker of tea!).

For someone like myself who struggles to follow recipes*, this is an easy one, so don't despair. I did add an extra dash of cinnamon to the dough and sprinkled some cinnamon sugar on the tops before baking. Check out Everybody Likes Sandwiches for the cookie recipe, and so many more quick, easy and yummy food ideas!

*I am a lover of food and enjoy cooking much, but have a hard time actually finding a recipe I like, getting the exact ingredients and taking that recipe with me into the kitchen to follow step-by-step. I am more of a throw-everything-in-a-pot and hope for the best kinda person!


No comments:

Post a Comment