Monday 1 July 2013

Happy Canada Day!

Today is Canada Day, so Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canucks! Despite today being a National holiday I went to work with a few others to get some essentials done while the store was empty. Lucky for me I was home before dinner which means I will still have some time to relax before heading out for the big Canada Day fireworks show at the park around the corner! I am prepared for crowds and plenty of mosquito bites (no Canada Day would be complete without them!). I will leave you now with some snap shots of the past few weeks. Buster cat cannot get enough of going outside for some sun bathing and a chomp on the grass and the backyard/flowerbed has really seen a transformation! I am happy with the flowers and wildlife the yard has attracted - there is even a teeny tiny baby bunny who has been hanging about next to our shed...I can't even handle the cute...if only I could snap a photo!


Buster waiting patiently (not really) at the backdoor to go outside. 
Getting ready...
...to sun bathe! 
I had no idea what colour this lily was going to be and was pleasantly surprised when I saw the hot-pink petals.
What kind of flower is this? Anyone have a clue?
This past Friday we had a serious rain storm (flash flooding closed two local shopping malls!). The flowers took a beating but managed to survive and are still going strong.
This has got to be one of the slowest flowers to bloom...I wish it would hurry up so I can figure out what it is!
It turns out there was a rock garden hidden under piles of dead leaves in the backyard! It is slowly but surely coming to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment