Sunday 16 June 2013

Work + thrift shopping

Well, it's been a while! As I mentioned in my last post (when was that again?!), I have started a new job and have been extremely busy and too pooped to keep up with the usual blogging. It is hard getting back into a work routine when you have been out of it for so long, and it is even more difficult when your work routine is not very routine - anyone who has worked retail knows what I mean! 


So what exactly have I been up to? What has been keeping me so busy and leaving me too tired to turn my computer on most days? I have been training at my new job to be a supervisor/manager of a thrift shop. That's right, I said it... a thrift shop! Dreams do come true! I am working for a large thrift shop chain (you know the one) and am running around one of the largest locations there is in the region - what a work out! So far I am really loving it, as tired as I may be and despite the information overload that is crushing my brain, I am so glad I was given the opportunity of a management position.


So, what does one do in a management position at one of the largest thrift shops there is? A hell of a lot! I don't even know where to begin?! But what am I not doing? Shopping. Yes, it's true. Since starting my job I have barely had time to breath, never mind shop. And of course, there is NO shopping on the job! I have made a few small purchases (pictured above and below) on my time off, but other than that I have not touched a thing. Instead of being the one hunting down treasures and squirreling them away in my home, I am watching items come into the shop before quickly leaving with excited shoppers who are after a bargain and some amazingly tacky beautiful finds!


So now you know what I have been up to. I would like to stay and chat but I have homework to get to - that's right, I said homework! I will leave you now but hope to be back again soon with more updates on the garden and house which, let's be honest, have been a bit neglected lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment