Thursday 7 March 2013

Giving it another go!

Okay, I hope this doesn't make me a bad person, but I have gone out and got myself a few more houseplants. Why would that make me a bad person you ask?! If you recall, I don't have the best track record of keeping houseplants (succulents in particular) alive. It's something to do with wanting to show the plants my love by watering them...and apparently I am showing too much love to my cacti?! Also there is the problem with the cat...as soon as there is a plant in sight, he must paw at it, rub up against it or try to eat it. 


This one (above) is going to be the biggest challenge, since Buster was successful at demolishing a similar plant at my mum's house a couple of Christmases ago. He silently chewed off the ends of every leaf in one evening, I have no idea if the plant was safe for him to chomp on, but he showed no signs of illness. I am protecting this plant from the cat by keeping it in the studio, which is basically a cat-free-zone. I am also doing my best not to over-water these guys (below). Fingers crossed!


Buster has rubbed up against a cactus before, he didn't seemed phased by it, but the spikes were not terribly sharp. These two cacti are much tougher, should he try to rub his chin on these, he would be in for a painful surprise!




No comments:

Post a Comment