Friday 30 November 2012

Dining room ceiling - day two

So today is day two of the work on the dining room ceiling, which means day two of my confinement upstairs! To pass the time I snapped some photos of some of my recent (and not so recent) thrift shop finds. It is official, I have a problem! But I assure myself (and everyone around me) there are far worse problems one could have! I mean, I am buying useful items, the price is always right and I like that I am buying things for our new house from somewhere other than a big box store*!





All of the Pyrex was found at three different thrift shops (all within about 10 miles of each other) and all within a week! Yes that means I went to at least 3 thrift shops within the span of a week...that is what classifies this as a "problem"!

Because it was pretty.

Again, because it was pretty!

More Christmas decorations, the prettiest so far!

4+ yards of fabric, no plans for it yet, but I couldn't pass it up!

Only about 1.5 yards of this fabric, but it is really nice and thick, perfect for reupholstering a stool for the cat.

I can never pass up a pretty scarf...I just need to start using them rather than gathering them in a basket.

*That is not to say there isn't a time and a place to shop at a chain or big-box store - it sucks, but it's true. There are just some things you cannot rely on finding at thrift shops. I don't know how some people do it, finding the perfect couch or armchair second hand?! So far I have not been able to find anything that has been remotely decent that is not outrageously priced or that doesn't need more time and money poured into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment